Developed by Idea Village and based out of Wayne, NJ, the Yoshi Grill & Bake is a non-stick cooking mat that can be used to grill beef, poultry, seafood and more, in addition to baking your favorite pizzas, pastries. The manufacturer also claims it is able to cook all your food evenly, while being a breeze to clean up.
Yoshi Grill and Bake is basically a set of mats you use either on the barbecue or in the oven to cook food with no burning or sticky, gooey mess. That’s because they say it has a 100% non-stick surface.
The mats are marketed as being non-stick, able to withstand 500 degrees of heat, PFOA free (referring to a chemical used in non-stick coatings), reusable, dish-washable, and thin enough to allow for grill marks.
The Yoshi Grill Mat is 15.75″ X 13″ and the Yoshi Bake Mat is 13.25″ X 9.25″. These mats can also be cut down to a more desirable shape and size.
How Yoshi Grill & Bake Works
According to the Yoshi Grill & Bake website, their grilling mats allows your meat and vegetables to soak up all the marinade possible, making them tender and juicy. In addition, the baking mats help you avoid burning your dough for light, fluffy pastries and pizza crust. The company claims that you’ll never have to worry about food slipping through the metal grates again, and that cleanup is quick and easy.
Additional benefits of the Yoshi Grill & Bake mats include:
- 100% non-stick surface.
- Can be cut to any shape, and are reusable and reversible.
- Extremely lightweight and ultra-portable, so they can be used at campgrounds, campsites, cookouts, etc.
- The ability to have the “perfect grill marks” on your food, with none of the hindrances of a regular grill.
- Can withstand up to 500 degrees of heat.
- Reduced flare-ups, so your food doesn’t get burned and remains juicy.
- Decreases your cooking mess, and clean up becomes a snap. Completely dishwasher safe when you’re in a hurry.
Bottom Line Is Yoshi Grill and Bake a Scam?
Grill mats are very “hot” right now, and Idea Village is trying to cash in with their own “Asian” twist. Although shipping is free, it’s still a little on the pricey side, especially when there is so much competition. For the most part, people seem to be satisfied with how these mats work, although some brands perform better than others.