Metabolic Cooking is a healthy eating program that promises to show you how to boost your own natural metabolism – in a healthy and delicious way.
This book has an interesting approach to weight loss. It explains that you will be able to improve your natural metabolism and trick your body into burning more fat by eating the right foods.
This can help you to achieve weight loss more quickly, because you will be working with your body rather than against it.
About Metabolic Cooking
This is a weight loss program that comes in a form of a recipe book and nutritional guide. It’s a call to action guide that has over 250 nutritious and tasty recipes, as well as nutrition guidelines and shopping lists for these recipes.
It is fully packed with everything you could possibly need to get yourself up and running in the weightloss race.
The program isn’t really one ebook – it is a collection of a bunch of ebooks and supplementary materials.
The books are jam-packed with healthy recipes that are delicious and there is a lot of information out there on healthy eating, dieting and food. Overall, there are about 250 recipes in the collection!
Here are some other important things to know about the program:
- The breakfast ebook is designed to help you to balance your carbs, fat and protein which will help you to burn more calories for the rest of the day. It includes recipes such as Spinach Egg Wraps and Curry Scrambled Eggs.
- There are also some pretty delicious recipes for chicken in this book, as it is a great protein to enjoy when you are on a diet. This includes Chicken Piccata, Tuscan Chicken, Chicken Burritos and more.
- The program also includes plenty of delicious fish and seafood recipes, because this meat contains a lot of healthy fat and protein.
- The books also contain a huge amount of recipes for sides, vegetarian meals, pork meals and much more.
- Not only does the ebook package contain hundreds of recipes, but it also contains a range of great Bonus Materials.
- These include a book of desserts, exotic recipes from around the world, meals on a budget, paleo recipes, post workout smoothies and shakes and much more.
The theory behind this program is that by changing the way that you eat and the types of foods that you consume, you can actually increase your metabolic rate.
This program will enable you to get the proper number of calories that you need in order to sustain a healthy body.
Furthermore, the unique combination of foods used in the recipes will increase your metabolism so that you can continue to burn through stored fat.
Creators Behind Metabolic Cooking
There are actually two authors of this book, not one. They are Karen Losier and Dave Ruel. They are a husband and wife team and here are some important facts to know about them.
- Karen has the nickname “Lean Kitchen Queen” because she has a background in the culinary arts.
- She is fascinated by challenging the common culinary techniques and coming up with new ways to give her food a healthy twist. She aims to do this without having to sacrifice any appeal or taste.
- She also has a master’s degree in psychology, which makes her aware of the challenges of the mind that many people struggle with when it comes to staying motivated, losing weight and changing habits.
- Karen’s other half is Dave, who is her partner in life and in business.
- He has the nickname “muscle cook” because he is an expert on nutrition and bodybuilding.
- He has worked together with Karen to create this book, which combines their talents into an eating plan that is exciting yet healthy.
A Look at the Metabolic Cooking Program
The Metabolic Cooking package will run you just $49–a pretty great price considering everything that you get in the program.
There is no primary e-book to read, but the package comes with dozens of individual ebooks. The books are all filled with not just healthy recipes that are absolutely delicious, but there is a lot of information on food, dieting, and healthy eating in the books.
We’re talking 250+ recipes, but all the details you need to know about every type of food.
The breakfast ebook starts with a bang, giving you tips like:
- Balancing fat, carbs, and protein will help you burn more calories throughout the day
- Eating a hearty breakfast can help you burn more calories
- Starting the day with a tasty breakfast will help you control your eating the rest of the day
From there, the book gets into recipes that contain:
Protein and carbs — Think foods like Apple Oatmeal Pancakes or Chocolate French Toast.
Protein and fats — Dishes like Omelets and Curry Scrambled Eggs.
Protein, fats, and carbs — Complete meals like Huevos Mexicanos and Spinach Egg Wraps
Protein, fats, carbs and veggies — The Weekend Frittatta has it all!
All of these recipes are supposed to be quick and easy to make, under 20 minutes according to the book!
Chicken and Poultry
We all know that chicken is one of the top proteins to eat if you’re on a diet, and this book reinforces the importance of the delicious food that is poultry.
It gets into some of the nutrients that you can find in turkey and chicken, such as B vitamins, tryptophan, and an assortment of minerals. After that, you progress into some amazingly delicious recipes made with chicken:
Protein only — Think delicious Chicken Burgers and Metabolic Turkey Muffins
Protein and carbs — Try the Metabolic Fried Chicken Fingers and Turkey Chili
Protein and fats — You’ll love the Cashew Crusted Chicken and the Chicken Piccata
Protein, fats, and carbs — Why not try the Chicken Burritos and the Tuscan Chicken
Protein, fats, carbs and veggies — You’ll love the balance of the Chicken Almond or Thai Basil Stir Fry.
Some of these recipes will take a bit longer to cook, but you’re still only looking at 20 to 30 minutes of cooking time per dish.
Fish and Seafood
Fish is probably the healthiest of the proteins on the planet, as it contains a wonderful balance of healthy fats and proteins that your body needs. There are also a lot of minerals in fish, so it’s a protein that you MUST eat for a healthy diet.
There’s not much of an explanation on fish, but you jump right away into the delicious recipes:
Protein only — What about Dijon Tuna or Cajun Catfish for dinner?
Protein and fats — Why not try Paprika Shrimp and Salmon Patties?
Protein, fats, and carbs — You’ll love the Pizza Tilapia and the Tuna Chowder.
Protein, fats, and veggies — The Stir Fried Scallops and Asparagus are quite good.
Protein, fats, carbs and veggies — I love the look of this Noodleless Shrimp Pad Thai.
Again, the recipes may require a bit more cooking time due to the fact that you MUST cook seafood and fish thoroughly.
Who doesn’t love a good smoothie? Whether it’s a yoghurt-based, milk-based, water-based, or juice-based smoothie, there are so many things that make smoothies absolutely delicious! They can be very healthy, and definitely can make weight loss easier.
This book takes a look at the benefits of juicing and smoothies, and comes with a few recommendations of healthy smoothies you can make at home:
Protein — The Extreme Chocolate Smoothie is quite tasty, and you’ll love the flavor of the Pina Colada Smoothie.
Protein and carbs — The Atomic Smoothie is a power-booster, while the Blue Bomber Smoothie is rich and flavorful.
Protein and fats — Try the Choco-Nuttie Smoothie or the Tirami-Smooth
The beauty of smoothies is that they’re pretty easy to make, and you can whip them up in no time!
Note: This book comes with a recommendation of protein powder manufactured and sold by BioTrust. It doesn’t explain why it’s good, but just says that it’s the ideal choice for your smoothies. I tried to find a review on a trustworthy site like Bodybuilding.com, but was unable to. The lack of review is a bit discomfiting for those considering buying a supplement.
Pork is a favorite of mine, but it’s not the healthiest protein out there. In fact, it’s usually the first to go when trying to diet.
Pork is fairly lean, but it’s not as clean as beef or poultry. It is rich in B vitamins, as the book points out, and it’s loaded in other minerals. For the purpose of this program, pork is permitted on the Metabolic Cookbook diet.
Here are some the recipes:
Protein only — Chili Lime Pork Strips and Pork Tandoori sound mouth-wateringly good.
Protein and fats — Try the Greek Pork Tenderloin or the Spicy Pork Chops.
Protein, fats, and veggies — The Mint Pork Stir-Fry sounds quite tasty.
Protein, fats, carbs and veggies — I’m a huge fan of Mu Shu Pork Wraps.
You’ll definitely want to be sure to spend time preparing these recipes right. Improperly cooked pork can be home to a host of bacteria, so don’t rush these recipes!
Any diet that ditches red meat is one I will avoid, but this program actually promotes the consumption of red meat–albeit in moderation.
The book talks about the lower-fat cuts of meat, as well as a few beef-alternatives like bison, elk, and ostrich. Interesting!
Check out of the recipes they have:
Protein only — Beef Roast with Apples looks odd, but I love Shredded Beef!
Protein and fats — Check out the Argentine-Style Steak or the Smothered Burgers.
Protein, fats, and carbs — Beef Chihuahua sounds strange…
Protein, fats, and veggies — Consider the Beef and Eggplants or the Metabolic Mess.
Protein, fats, carbs and veggies — I love Stuffed Peppers!
This is my favorite of the books, and it gives me lots of great ideas for cooking my steak!
Who doesn’t love sides when they eat out? Unfortunately, sides tend to be carb-heavy, or they’re just steamed veggies that are tasteless and not very palatable.
This ebook gives a list of delicious-looking sides, both carb- and veggie-heavy options. The options are fairly low in calories, and you’ll find that they can be quite tasty. Check out these options:
Carbs — Cuban Black Beans, Cajun-Style Sweet Potatoes, and Inferno Rice all look tasty.
Veggies — Try the Broccoli Dijon, the Curried Eggplant, and the Steamed Asian Mix.
All in all, the sides in this book look pretty tasty, and they’re not as high in calories as some of the sides you’ll find in local restaurants.
Snacks are a hugely important part of the average person’s life, though most of us tend to forget about those little bites we eat here and there.
This book looks at a few of the healthier snack options that help you to stay full without adding too many calories. These options include:
Protein and carbs — Apple No-Crisps, Strawberry Parfait, and Vanilla Peach Snack Bars.
Protein and fats — Think Cottage Cheese, Tuna, and Salsa, or go with Onion Eggs for a quick bite.
Some of the snacks sound pretty odd, but on closer examination you’ll find that they can be quite tasty.
For those who prefer to keep red meat and poultry out of their diets, this book looks at a list of recipes that you can make with only vegetarian foods. There aren’t too many recipes, but you’ll get a few choices, such as:
Protein — Pepper Quiche sounds interesting.
Protein and carbs — I love the look of Vegetarian Chili and Whole Wheat Vegetarian Lasagna.
Protein, fats, and carbs — Try out the Egg Salad Sandwich or the Peanut Butter Nut Fudge.
Protein, fats, and veggies — The Vegetarian Frittata is much more appealing to me than the Spicy Tempeh Scramble.
Protein, fats, carbs and vitamins — I’d try the Quinoa Burritos, but not the Spicy Peanut Tempeh Salad.
For vegetarians, it’s a good addition to the cookbook collection.
These nine cookbooks are the primary part of the program, but you get a lot of pretty epic bonus materials, such as:
- Dessert Decadence, a book to help you prepare fat-burning desserts
- All Around the World, healthy recipes from around the globe
- Lean and Healthy Breakfasts, Volume 1.
- Tasty Meals on a Budget
- Yummy Metabolic Soups
- Recipes from the Islands
- Paleo Recipes
- Post Workout Shakes
- 5-Minute Delicious Creations
- Eggztazia, a book of egg-centric recipes
- and more…
All in all, you get almost 20 bonus books on top of the primary nine. Pretty great value for the price!
The Benefits You’ll Get From Metabolic Cooking
So what are the benefits that this program has to offer? The program promises a lot of benefits and it claims that you will experience many positive effects when you start following the diet within the book.
It claims that when you start eating these recipes, you will naturally boost your metabolism and you will burn more fat naturally.
Here are a few of the other advantages to using this program:
- The recipes are made with common ingredients that can be found in any supermarket, there is no need to buy them in special health food stores or order them online.
- The recipes are clear, simple and easy to follow – so you don’t have to be a master chef to cook them.
- The diet can be customised to a range of different lifestyles and body types, so that you can tailor it to your needs and get great results.
- The diet has a lot of variation, which will keep you from getting bored and will ensure that you don’t give up.
- The program has a 60 day money back guarantee, so if it isn’t working for you then you can simply get a refund.
The bottom line when it comes to this program is that it is a great resource for healthy recipes which will rev up your metabolism rather than slowing it down.
These recipes combine the right foods so that you can burn even more calories.
If you are curious about the program and you want to just sample it to see if it works, you can simply download it and see. Because it offers the 60 day money back guarantee, you are not locked into anything.
You can see how this diet works for yourself and if you are not happy in the first two months you can get your money back.
This makes it pretty risk free to check out this diet plan and try some of these recipes. The Metabolic Cooking program just might be the ticket to your health and weight loss.